5 important facts about immigration VAWA

Every migrant in any country is exposed to an endless number of risks that can affect him in many ways just for being a migrant, for this reason the governments of different countries have created laws, whose purpose is to protect the rights of all migrants who are seeking refuge in their respective countries. In spite of this, there are dangers to which any of us are exposed no matter what country we are in, we may be in our native country and still be in danger of being a victim of any type of violence, but in this case we will talk about women and immigration VAWA.

In this blog post, we will discuss the requirements, benefits and institutions involved in VAWA immigration. We will also provide tips on how to apply for this type of immigration. If you are interested in learning more, read on!

What is immigration VAWA?

Immigration VAWA is a type of immigration that offers certain benefits and protections to victims of domestic violence. It has been operating since 1994 in the United States, although it has gone through different regulations and changes over the years, its creation is intended to help immigrant women who have been victims of domestic violence, one of the most recurrent types of violence in the world, no one, regardless of socioeconomic status, religion or gender is being exempt from being a victim, although the same statistics show that mostly women are often the targets of this type of violence. The United States created this law in order to protect migrant women who have been victims.

In order to be eligible for immigration VAWA, you must meet the following requirements 

Immigration VAWA has the following requirements: 

-Must be married or have been married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;

-Must have suffered physical violence or threats of violence by a spouse or partner;

-Must currently live in the United States; and

-Must meet other requirements.

If you are eligible for immigration VAWA, you may be granted certain benefits, including: 

-The ability to apply for a green card without having to go through your abusive;

-The ability to work in the United States;

-Protection from removal (deportation) from the U.S.; and

-Other benefits.

immigration vawa

Organizations you can turn to for immigration VAWA

There are many organizations that discuss and promote immigration VAWA. These organizations can provide you with information and resources about immigration VAWA. Some of these organizations are. 

-National Domestic Violence Hotline 

-The National Domestic Violence Hotline is a national, confidential helpline for victims of domestic violence. They can provide you with information about immigration VAWAand other resources. 


-RAINN is an organization that provides support to victims of sexual violence. They can provide you with information about immigration VAWA and other resources. 

-The National Immigration Project 

-The National Immigration Project is a national organization that provides legal assistance to immigrants. They can provide you with information about immigration VAWA and other resources.

How to apply for immigration VAWA?

If you are interested in applying for immigration VAWA, there are a few things you should know. The first step is to file an application with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You will need to provide proof of your domestic violence, such as a police report or medical records. You will also need to submit a personal statement detailing your experience with domestic violence. Once your application is complete, you will be interviewed by a USCIS officer. If you are approved for immigration VAWA, you will be granted a green card.

Immigration VAWA can be a complex process, but there are many resources available to help you. If you think you may be eligible for VAWA immigration, contact one of our immigration advisors, we are here to help you with everything you need.

In addition, if your case involves family members and you need the help of an experienced family immigration lawyer, you can contact our allied partner, who has over 30 years of experience in this type of cases and who we are sure will help you with everything you need. Contact them today!